Stephen Colbert began Tuesday's Late Show with a few minutes of deadpan commentary on primaries, before hitting the day's big political news: "This afternoon, Joseph R. Biden officially announced that his running mate will be California Sen. Kamala Harris."
"This is an historic announcement, because Harris is the first Black woman and the first person of Indian descent to be nominated for national office by a major party," Colbert said. "So Trump's gonna have a hard time deciding exactly how to be racist about her." Biden was expected to pick a woman of color, he said, "but still, Sen. Harris is a surprising choice considering just how hard she went after him — I mean with hammer and tongs — over bussing, issues of racial equality."
"Say what you want about Joe, but the man went Black and he's not going back," Trevor Noah said at The Daily Show. "And I've got to say, I'm impressed that Biden picked Kamala even after she destroyed him at that debate. In fact, part of me thinks he only picked her so that she can just never dust his ass in public again. This isn't a VP pick, it's an insurance policy. And I'm really interested to see what the Trump campaign's line of attack is going to be on Kamala," he added, explaining how "everything she's done in her career appeals to Trump's base."
"Kamala is the daughter of two immigrants, she went to Howard University, she's a Democratic senator from California — that's an inspiring story, unless you're Trump, then it's a Stephen King novel," Jimmy Fallon joked at The Tonight Show. "She's only had the job for a few hours, but Kamala's already gearing up for her debate with Mike Pence — that's why she spent the entire day arguing with a mannequin at Kohl's." He tried out a Biden impersonation to illustrate how popular Harris might be.
"It was down to me and Kamala, but Joe wanted to go with someone who has 'experience,'" Sarah Cooper joked on Jimmy Kimmel Live. Like Harris, Cooper is the daughter of Jamaican immigrants, and while neither of her parents was born in India, like Harris' mother, her former employer, Google, evidently thought Cooper was Indian, not Black, she said, "because they kept promoting me." Cooper fielded personal questions from her fans, and she answered them all with her trademark Trump lip-syching. Watch below. Peter Weber
- مکزیک شیوع کروناویروس در حال حاضر سومین بدترین در جهان
- K-Pop Monsta X صدای پشتیبانی برای زندگی مهم جنبش در طول عملکرد در TIME100 مذاکرات
- یکی دیگر از جدید جنگ ستارگان نشان می دهد که در این نسخهها کار در دیزنی+
- چگونه یک فصل کتاب پزشکی بنویسیم؟
- Plush Toys, Jewelry and Dance Lessons: How Broadway Workers Are Hustling Amid COVID-19 Pandemic Closures
- خرید کتاب زبان اصلی - 20 خبر
- تایلند مراکز بازگشایی با درجه حرارت گرفته شده و ماسک فرسوده
- مغلوب ساختن پیشی جستن می گوید coronavirus نیروی کار را در واقع 'در ادامه به طور نامحدود'
- بیل گیتس کناره گیری از هیئت مدیره مایکروسافت
- ترجمه آنلاین حرفه ایی ترجمانو